viernes, 18 de junio de 2010

The last 2 months


Can’t believe it has been more than 2 months since I left Bangladesh. Can’t believe that we’re halfway into 2010 and that my birthday is getting so close! Can’t believe it’s been so long since my last post in this blog. Many people has complained about it, which is why I promise to post many of the things I wrote off-line and couldn’t post before because of my limited internet connection during the last few weeks.

SO, what have I been doing that kept me so busy? Well, as you already read, I left Bangladesh by the end of March. On my way back to Colombia I visited my brother in Washington after some very short vacations in Dubai. Spent 2 weeks in Colombia sharing time with my family and some of my old (very old) friends and prepared myself for a new chapter of my life: CHILE. On April moved to Santiago, looked for a new place to live, got a new circle of friends, started a new job and got my DMAIC certification. Oh!, and I forgot to mention that I also went to Argentina: spent 3 lovely days eating beef and drinking wine in Mendoza (but that’s a whole different post to be).

Yes, I’ve been living in Santiago since April 12th and will be here for a year. I’m working for DHL Express as First Choice Analyst, and I couldn’t be happier about it (look what First Choice is on the internet). That’s all I’m gonna say about my work as I rather to keep personal separated from professional. But I could tell you that I’m really happy with my colleagues, my boss and my new working place.

View of Santiago

I’m living with another Colombian girl, Carolina - who arrived two weeks before me to work in Novartis, and the owner of the apartment, Jaime - a Chilean guy who happens to be the friend of another Chilean guy who hosts other 2 Colombian friends (forgot to mention this country is full of Colombians?? Seriously, every Chilean has a Colombian friend!). I was very lucky I found a place so close to work. I love the fact that I only walk during 10 mins to to get to my office in the morning, instead of a 50 mins ride in the crowded and smelly city subway.

The circle of AIESEC trainees in Santiago is large and close to each other. We have social activities (not to call them “parties”) for each day of the week – the agenda literally goes from Monday to Sunday-, but I off course skip most of them and participate only on those held during the weekends J. The group consist of around 30 young, hot, smart, and apparently “immune to alcohol” people from Poland, Mexico, Brazil, Bolivia, Argentina, Costa Rica, Greece and (how did you guess?) Colombia. We are 12 Colombian trainees already, and there are more to come. Is not like AIESEC Santiago planned it this way (Even I feel invaded or… invading?), but it is a clear fact: CHILEAN COMPANIES LIKE COLOMBIAN HUMAN TALENT.


Group of trainees, when we went to see Lions in Rancagua


As a closing line for this post, I could say that my life in Chile so far is pretty good. On one side is good to be back in South-america and feel closer to my country, and on the other it feels like everything was meant to be. I’ve been so lucky that everything clicked so fast (my job, my apartment, my new friends). And I’m even luckier to have some of you by my side, taking care of me though the distance and always there when needed.

Now that everything is more settled I hope to be posting more often.

KISSES FROM CHILE!!!

No hay comentarios: